Friday, June 22, 2007

(Tell me Why) I don't like Mondays



(Tell me why) 'I don't like Mondays' by Bob Geldorf and the Boomtown Rats

And school's out early,
And soon we'll be learning,
And the lesson today is How to Die...


And he can see no reasons
'Cos there are no reasons,
What reason do you need to die?'




'Some one's Looking at You'

The classical song about 'Big Brother' and paranoia.

'On a night like this I deserve to get kissed at least once or twice.
You come over to my place screaming blue murder, needing someplace to hide.
Well, I wish you'd keep quiet,
Imaginations run riot,
In these paper-thin walls.
And when the place comes ablaze with a thousand dropped names
I don't know who to call.
But I got a friend over there in the government block
And he knows the situation and he's taking stock,
I think I'll call him up now
Put him on the spot, tonight.

They saw me there in the square when I was shooting my mouth off
About saving some fish.
Now could that be construed as some radical's views or some liberal's wish.
And it's so hot outside,
And the air is so sweet,
And when the pressure drop is heavy I don't wanna hear you speak.
You know most killing is committed at 90 degrees.
When it's too hot to breathe
And it's too hot to think.

There's always some one looking at you.
S-s-s-s-someone.
They're looking at you.

And I wish you'd stop whispering.
Don't flatter yourself, nobody's listening.
Still it makes me nervous, those things you say.
You may as well
Shout it from the roof,
Scream it from your lungs,
Spit it from you mouth.

It could fall on deaf ears to indulge in your fears:

There's a spy in the sky,
There's a noise on the wire,
There's a tap on the line
And for every paranoid's desire...

There's always some one looking at you.
S-s-s-s-someone looking at you...
They're always looking at you.

(Both songs are from 'The Fine Art of Surfacing'

No comments: